Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Great Outdoors

One of the best things about being based in California is being surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. I've managed to get out to loads of good places this year (Redwoods, Henry Coe, Desolation Wilderness, Tahoe), and tomorrow I'm heading down to Camp Nelson, just south of Sequoia National Park. The plan is just to hole ourselves up in a cabin with no phone or internet, and just chill in rustic splendour. 

It should be fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to doing a bit of hiking and manly outdoorsmanship. But because I'm a plonker, I'm actually a bit concerned about not being plugged into the net. I'm sure once I'm up there I'll be so happy that it won't even cross my mind, but at the moment I have visions of potential employers all frantically trying to contact me, while I blithely let all these golden opportunities go unanswered. Bloody stupid, of course; far better just to celebrate being off-radar for a while, and that's exactly what I intend to do.

Here are some pictures of Camp Nelson I found on Flickr (llllll1's photostream). It looks absolutely stunning.


If anyone's got some good suggestions for things to do and make while we're up there, drop me a quick comment. I'm thinking of building a wigwam.

No comments:

Post a Comment