Friday, June 12, 2009

Brainstorming rules

I'm in the d.school again - Stanford's design centre. It's my favourite place on campus - absolutely brimming with ideas and creativity. The whole place is structured to encourage 'design thinking' and the creative process -  they really understand how play can be used to stoke innovation.

I thought I'd jot down the 'brainstorming rules' that are set out in one of the shared spaces, before I forget. Definitely good things to keep in mind.

  • Defer judgement
  • Go for quantity
  • Encourage wild ideas
  • Build on the ideas of others
  • One conversation at a time
  • Stay focused on the topic
  • Be visual
Here are some pics of brainstorming, as well, taken from the Hasso-Plattner School of Design Thinking in Germany. Great to see the creative process in action




1 comment:

  1. I like this post! Sounds like a good place to be and a good spirit to be around. Cool pics too.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete